Monday 27 April 2015

Beauty - Kendall Jenner make-up look

I don't watch the TV show that they are in - Keeping Up With the Kardashians - but I love keeping up to date with Kendall and Kylie Jenner on Instagram as they always get it right in the make-up (and fashion!) stakes. I'm not going to even comment on how they look so much prettier than me and they're younger than me!

I loved this make-up look Kendall posted a while ago to her Instagram account so wanted to create it.

The idea behind it is so simple - red lipstick with a cat-like eyeliner and simple eyeliner flick - but when it's on it looks really impressive.

I tried to re-create the look as best I could, but I guess I'm the poorer, paler version of Kendall!

First off, I cleansed my face with Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel foaming wash. I patted my face dry and applied Nivea primer.

The foundation I used is actually Penneys' own beauty brand! Penneys are playing a blinder with their beauty products recently - so far, I'm finding that many of them are exceptional for the little price paid, so when I saw they introduced a foundation to the range I was really excited to try it out. I've already reviewed this foundation HERE.

I applied Kubiss concealer around my eyes and around any blemishes I have and set it with my Catrice All Matt Plus powder as Kendall doesn't seem to have too much of a glow about her here. I applied a tiny bit of Catrice defining blush to the apples of my cheeks but skipped bronzer. I used Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit to add a slight contour to my face. I've already reviewed this product on my blog -  in the '10 Items under €10' post (see HERE).

You can see in the photo of Kendall above that she has a very subtle eyeshadow on. I applied Catrice Prime and Fine eyeshadow base before, using the Catrice Absolute Nude eyeshadow using the second eyeshadow from the left all over my lid and up to my browbone and and using the first shadow from the left as a highlighter shade in the corner of my eyes. I've reviewed the Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow HERE.


Kendall also has eyeliner on, obviously. As I have issues in drawing on eyeliner thanks to my shaky, clumsy hands, I carefully applied Catrice Eyeliner Pen (right) to my eyeline. This is a felt tip with a very precise line. As Kendall has a very thin eyeliner flick, I used Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner (below) to create that thin eyeline flick. I know I mentioned in previous blog posts I don't really like Essence products, but I have to say that this liquid eyeliner is all kinds of amazing for creating a thin, subtle eyeliner flick.





Kendall also seems to have some white eyeliner applied in her waterline, so that is what I also did using Essence Kajal Pencil. Then I added NYC Big Volume by the Lash Mascara to my upper and lower eyelashes. Kendall has quite well defined brows, so I kept that in mind while applying Penneys Beauty browkit to my eyebrows.




For lips, Kendall is wearing a red lipstick. I moisturised my lips using Nivea essential care lipbalm before lining my lips with Catrice Longlasting Lip pencil. I applied Boots Seventeen Stay Pout lipstick to my lips then. I really like this lipstick, it's matte and stays on all night.  I then highlighted using Essence Cinderella highlighter powder. This i are part of Essence's new limited edition range to coincide with the Cinderella movie release and I will be writing a blog post on all the Cinderella range very soon, but so far I have to say I am liking this highlighter!



The photo of me on the right below is with a flash, the photo on the right is without the camera flash.








                                                          







    





                                                                  Products used:

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Foaming Wash, E4.79.
Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, E6.49, Penneys.
Penneys P.S. Love.... Liquid Foundation, E3.
Kubiss London Light Reflecting Concealer, E2, Local chemist.
Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder in '010' Transparent, E3.49, Penneys.
Catrice Defining Blush in '080 Sunrose Avenue', E4.49, Penneys.
Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit, E7.59, Boots.
Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base, E4.20, Penneys.
Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow, Palette, E5.49, Penneys.
Catrice Eyeliner Pen, E3.09, Penneys.
Essence Liquid Ink Liquid Eyeliner, E2.89, Penneys.
Essence Kohl Kajal Eyeliner pencil in '04 White', E2.20.
NYC Big Bold Volume by the Lash Mascara, E3.49, Penneys.
Penneys P.S. Love... Browkit, E1.50, Penneys.
Nivea Essential Care Lipbalm, E2.09, Penneys.
Catrice Longlasting Lip Pencil in '050 Red Light District', E2.20, Penneys.
Boots Seventeen Stay Pout Lipstick, E5.69, Boots.
Essence Cinderella Highlighter Powder, E3.39, Penneys.













No comments:

Post a Comment