Friday 15 May 2015

Beauty - Natural Eyes with a Bright Lip: Collaboration No.1

So to make my blog a bit more exciting and to support other bloggers, I've decided to start doing collaborations with other bloggers on Instagram. There will be one each week for the next few weeks. If you haven't followed me on Instagram HERE  what are you waiting for?! This is my first collaboration with a lovely beauty blogger called @tangram_. Her Instagram is HERE , you definitely should follow her, she's beautiful on the inside as well as the outside and so talented too!

For our collaboration we decided on a really summery day time look  - consisting of natural, low key-eyes (with some glitter - sure why not!) and a super eye-catching bright lip - inspired by the beautiful YouTuber Kathleen Lights. If you don't know who she is, you should definitely check her out! I follow her on Instagram and am subscribed to her videos on YouTube, what I really like most about her is she uses mostly affordable products and her videos are super simple to follow too, and I am already planning on having another make-up look inspired by her uo soon on my blog! A link to her channel is HERE and her Instagram is HERE.



Anyways this look is so nice - neutral, simple eyes teamed with a bright pink lip. It's definitely too subtle for me to wear to a night-time event. Just to say, this look is not for the beach, it's not that natural! It's if you were going to - let's say - a  summer day-time event.

Most of the products I've used, I've used before in other blog posts. The amount of make-up I have at the moment is far too much, and many of the products I have bought have never been opened, so I need to use them before I buy more things.

So first off, I washed my face using Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel foaming wash, (€4.79). My skin is super duper dry at the moment, so I moisturised my face using my Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light moisturiser (€5) in three thin layers. I've done a review on these two products HERE as part of my skincare routine.

I used the green in my concealer palette (€5 from aliexpress.com) to hide the redness around my nose and on my cheeks. As this is a very natural look, I used Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation (€9.99) using my Penneys beauty blender (€1.50). I've done a review on this foundation HERE, and while it isn't a make-up product that lasts all day for someone like me who has combination skin, it is very good for a day time look for a few hours. I used Kubiss concealer in No.2 Medium (€2, local chemist) where needed and set that and the foundation with Catrice All Matt Plus shine-control powder in 010 Transparent (€3.49, Penneys).

I created a very subtle smoky eye using the three shades on the left of the Catrice Absolute Nude eyeshadow palette (review of this product is HERE), €5.49. I applied the lightest colour on my browbone and inner corner of my eyes, the medium shade on my eyelid and the darkest eyeshadow shade on the outer edge and blended them together. To brighten up the look even more, I patted some of Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow in the shade Under Treasure (€4.49), from my inner eye to nearly half way over the eye.

As this is a summery day time look, I skipped false eyelashes and went straight for mascara. The one I decided to use was NYC Big Bold Volume by the Lash Mascara (€3.49). My natural eyelashes are tiny and short, so that's why it hasn't come up as impressive as I would have liked.

For eyebrows, I filled them in using Penneys PS Beauty browkit (€2); I've reviewed this product (along with a  few other Penneys own brand make-up products) HERE.

As for the rest of my face, it's very natural again, and as it's a summery look, I used a little of Catrice Sun Glow Shimmering Bronzing Powder (€4.49) and a teeny tiny bit of Catrice Defining Blush in Sunrose Avenue (€4.49 - review HERE). I highlighted my skin using Catrice Prime and Fine highlighting powder. (€4).

The lips are really the standout star attraction of this look. I love how everything else is very natural and the lips are just BAM! You could choose any lip colour you want, even a nude lip would look really nice with this look. In the inspired look she's wearing lipstick but I think a lipgloss is more fun for summer, so I wore the unbelievable New York Color Expert Last Lip Lacquer in Fidi Fuchsia. I love everything about this product - the beautiful shade, the way it doesn't taste yukky on my lips, and the fact it stays on for yonks! Oh and it only set me back €3.70 too!

My hummingbird top is from Penneys - from a few years ago though - in case anyone's wondering.






No comments:

Post a Comment