Tuesday 2 June 2015

Beauty - Fairytale Villian: Collaboration No.3

I mentioned in my last blogpost that I am now doing collaborations with other bloggers I interact with on Instagram. I thought it would be a great way to support other bloggers and also to do something exciting with my blog - new ideas are never a bad thing!

My first collaboration was the summer look I posted on the 15th May - natural eyes with a pop of pink colour on the lips, if you haven't checked it out already please do HERE.

My second collaboration was posted last Wednesday, the 27th May - the ombré eyeliner look inspired by YouTuber Shaaanxo. Please check it out HERE.

This is my third collaboration. I did this with a lovely beauty blogger called @butterflysinhereyes on Instagram. (please do check her out!). We decided to do a make-up look inspired by a fairy tale character and in the end, decided to do it on a fairy-tale villain - we both thought it was more fun!

I thought long and hard about what fairy tale villain to base my look on. I didn't want it to look too overboard (I'll save the fancy dress stuff till Halloween!), and was also on a budget as well. In the end I decided to go for a look inspired by the Evil Queen from Snow White - so as you can see - it's a purple smoky eye, red lip and bright pink blush.

All the products used as usual are under €10.



I started on my eyes first as usual. I primed my eyelids using Catrice Prime and Fine eye shadow base. It hides imperfections and any unsightly freckles (yes, I have them everywhere!) and also gives my eyeshadow a good base to cling to.  I used NYC Quattro Eyeshadow in 'NY Tribute' to create a smoky eye, using the white shade as a highlight on the inner eye and on the browbone and also as a base, the lightest purple all over the eyelid, and the darkest purple in the crease and also below on the lower eye-rim. I find this eyeshadow palette very good for the price (see below) as it is heavily pigmented. I've yet to try it out for long-time wear, so I'll review that when I do.


I filled in my eyebrows with Penneys browkit. It's up to everyone individually, but personally I love big, bold defined eyebrows.

I thought false eyelashes would make the look more dramatic. I bought five pairs of false eyelashes last week in Penneys (Primark) for €5. They are all really pretty looking, but I decided to use the third ones - Sexy - for this look. As with every false eyelash I have ever used, due to my really small eyes I needed to cut quite a bit of the lash off so it would fit my eye. I quite like these eyelashes though. I then used NYC Liquid eyeliner to create an eyeliner flick on my top lash line and to also hide the false eyelashes band.

For my base, the Evil Queen is quite pale, so after priming my skin using my trusty simple moisturiser, I used my lightest foundation is Penneys own brand foundation (I've reviewed this product here) using my Penneys beauty blender. I used Kubiss London Light reflecting concealer under my eyes. I set both foundation and concealer using Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control powder.

The Evil Queen has an obvious bright blush, so I used Essence Cinderella blush to create that (I will be reviewing the whole Essence Cinderella range soon). I skipped bronzer and contouring as the Evil Queen is pale.

I prepped my lips by applying Nivea Essential Care lipbalm to them.

I lined my lips with Catrice Longlasting lip-liner before applying Seventeen Stay Pout red lipstick.

For an added fairy-tale villain touch, I lined my lips again, but this time using Penneys own brand lip-liner in plum.








Products Used: 

Simple Kind to Skin Light Hydrating Moisturiser, €5, Boots/Penneys/any other chemist.
Catrice Prime and Fine eyeshadow base, €3.20, Penneys or in many other chemists.
New York Color HD Color Quattro Eyeshadow in '821 NY Tribute', €3.29, chemists nationwide, or Penneys.
New York Color Liquid Eyeliner in Black, €2.40, Penneys..
Primark Beauty browkit, €2, Penneys.
Primark Beauty foundation in 'Light', €3.
Kubiss London Light Reflecting concealer in '02 Medium', €2, local chemist.
Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder in '010 Transparent', €3.49, Penneys.
Essence Cinderella Blush in 'So this is Love', €4.09, Penneys/chemists nationwide.
Nivea Essental Care lipbalm, €2.09, Penneys.
Catrice Long Lasting Lip pencil in '050 Red Lip District', €2.20, Penneys.
Seventeen Stay Pout Lipstick in Red, €5.69, Boots.
Primark Beauty lipliner, €1.50.




2 comments: