Tuesday 9 June 2015

Beauty - Tester Tuesday: Boots Seventeen Skin Wow! 3 Way Highlighter

So I've seen a lot of bloggers do this thing called 'Tester Tuesdays' where they test and try out a new product and wanted to try it out for myself!

First up on my 'Tester Tuesday' is this relatively new highlighter, that is part of Boots own make-up brand, Seventeen.

After reading great reviews of this online, I was curious to try it out for myself. It costs €7.59.

This highlighter comes in a plastic long tube as you can see with a pump that you press down on and out pumps the product!

It claims to be the "ultimate skin pick me up".

First impressions - pretty basic packaging. There is a smell to it but it's not an overpowering smell.

Like I said, it's a three way highlighter so the three ways you can wear it is as a primer under foundation, mixed with foundation or applied directly onto the cheekbones.

I tried it out all three ways.

Firstly, I tried it out as a primer, and found that it stung my sensitive skin so much I quickly had to remove it.

Secondly, I mixed it with my regular foundation (Rimmel 25 Hour foundation), and found that while it didn't sting my skin then, it did appear to make my skin look off-colour, almost grey and sickly looking.

Thirdly, I tried it as a highlighter to my cheekbones after applying the rest of my face make-up, and found it gave me little of a glow. The consistency was far too runny, ruining my foundation. It was too silver toned, and when I tried to blend it into my skin, it just lost all it's effect.

I was really disappointed with it, as I haven't used much of it, and can't really use any more of it - unless I'm going for a really sick and almost dying look at Halloween maybe.

I think this highlighter is best suited to a tanned complexion, so you should definitely stay clear if your skin is as Casper the ghost-pale like myself. Which begs me to ask the question - why did a British company like Boots create such a product?!

My rating: 1/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment