Saturday 15 August 2015

Fashion & Beauty - Girly Summery Outfit of the Day



I was rooting through my blog and it came to my attention it's been a while since I did a blog post on an outfit of the day. Truth be told, I was wanting to do a summery outfit of the day for quite a while but as the weather in Ireland this summer has been more like winter, with rain and cold, I just had to keep postponing it, as I didn't want to catch pneumonia in a short little dress! But we got 'lucky' in Ireland earlier this week when we got one day - yes, just one day! - of good weather, so my outfit of the day post had to be snapped then!

Anyways, I bought this dress in a charity shop in my local town at the start of the summer. Initially, I thought it looked quite old fashioned, but when I tried it on I immediately fell in love! It is such a perfect fit on me and it's quite a nice length too, so the five euro price tag was the sprinkles on the sundae for me. 


The floral headband was bought in Penneys at the start of summer, and I actually bought it shortly after I bought the dress. I thought the both items would go oh-so-well together, and they do! It cost €5.

I bought the pale pink wedges in Penneys also about three months ago. They were €12. They are so comfortable to walk in, I really like them.

As for my hair, I washed it and used a hair mask before rinsing and leaving it to dry naturally. I was sitting out in the sun earlier in the day and my hair naturally dried in the sun, there's no product added to it bar what was added to it in the shower - no mousse, no gel, no nothing. I don't wear my hair like this too often, I prefer to have it straightened. I think many other girls are the same - if you have naturally curly hair you want straight hair and vice versa. Sometimes I feel like curly hair goes better with many of my looks especially girly, feminine looks like this so it worked with this look. This will be the last blog post that you will see me with this length hair by the ways - the day after I took these photos I went for the chop and my hair is now in a short bob!

I wanted to have my makeup 'glowing' and healthy looking, to tie in with the whole girly summery theme of this look. I moisturised with my trusty Simple Kind to Skin Light Hydrating Moisturiser (€5 -review HERE) before starting to work on my eyes. After I priming my eyelids with Catrice Prime and Fine eyeshadow base (€3.20), I decided to go for a very soft pink, romantic smoky eye created by my W7 In the Nude eye shadow palette (€9.99) before applying Essence Liquid Ink Liquid Eyeliner (€2.49) and adding lashings of New York Color Big Bold Volume by the Lash Mascara. (€3.20).


I applied a light layer Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 100 Ivory to my skin to keep things quite natural, with my Primark beauty blender, then added Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer under my eyes and on my blemishes using clean fingers. (review of these Rimmel products is HERE), before setting my complexion with just a tiny amount of Catrice All Matt Plus powder in '010 Transparent' (€3.49) where needed. I added some Catrice Defining Blush in the shade 'Sunrose Avenue' (€4.75 - review of this blush plus my review of some other makeup products under €10 is HERE  to my cheeks and filled in my eyebrows with Primark beauty browkit (€2 - review of this product is HERE).  For my lips I went for a natural look and applied Boots Natural Collection Juicy Lips (€2.70). To really bring out that glowing summery look I applied some Essence Cinderella highlighter powder. This was part of Essence Cinderella's range and the review of this product is HERE



The nail polish I'm wearing on my fingers and toes if anyone's wondering is Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in the shade 'Raspberry Fields Forever'. That picture of the colour there is not mine obviously - don't have any nails as I bite them - it's just a photo I got from internet to give you an idea of the shade! I couldn't find my own bottle to take a quick pic of it!



4 comments:

  1. That dress looks lovely it really suits you! And your skin looked flawless
    http://minniemousechic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/almost-famous.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! :) I love your blog so much! xxx

      Delete
  2. Love your outfit & the shoes are fab.. I enjoyed reading your blog, really good read.. xx💞 (oh_so_fash) Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) the shoes were a great Penneys bargain. :) awh thank you for reading it Karen! xx

      Delete