Friday 1 January 2016

Fashion & Beauty: New Years Celebrations!

Hey everyone, and welcome back to my blog!

Happy new year too. Hope everyone's heads are not too bad after the celebrations last night. Mine is fairly fragile still to be honest, but I'm sure it's nothing a good strong cup of tea can't fix!



The dress I'm wearing is from Boohoo.com, and was actually a Christmas present from one of my best friends Aine. Though truth be told, I regretted eating all the crap I did over Christmas when trying to squeeze into it! Sooo tight! It's fab though.

The metallic heels (that you can't see in this photo - grr!) are Penneys, I've mentioned them before in many other previous blog posts, I got them in the summer sale in June reduced to €7 from €16, I wear them so often I feel like they're an extension of myself!

The tan I'm wearing is Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. This was my second time trying it out, but I'm not going to say too much about it here as I will be writing up a review of this tan very soon.

For makeup, I moisturised with Simple Kind To Skin Light hydrating moisturiser. I've written a review of this product plus some skin care tips HERE. The foundation I used was L'Oréal True Match foundation (review of that is to come), applied with Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (review of that is HERE). For eyes I kept things very simple. I used the Make Up Revolution 'Flawless' eyeshadow palette (details of this eyeshadow are on my previous blogpost ), sweeping 'Medal' over the lid, 'Copper Shimmer' in the crease and 'Gold Digger' on the inner eyelid. I applied New York Color liquid eyeliner on my upper eyelid (review HERE), before applying Primark eyelashes in 'Sultry'. I set my makeup using Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Blusher used was Make up  Gallery blush, bought in Poundland. Highlighter used was an Essence one, but it's part of a limited edition Cinderella range so unfortunately it's no longer avaliable.



Lipstick used was Rimmel Lasting Finish in 'Starry Eyed'. I absolutely adore this lipstick; it's a dark plum shade and it lasts for ages too!

 Hope you enjoyed this blogpost - any questions, fire away! xx

Products used:

Simple Kind To Skin Light Hydrating Moisturiser, €5/£3.70.
L'Oréal True Match Foundation in 'Ivory', €13.55/£9.99.
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, €7.99/£6.99.
Make Up Revolution Eyeshadow Palette in 'Flawless', £8.
New York Color Liquid Eyeliner, €2.40/£1.99.
Primark false eyelashes in 'Sultry', €1.50/£1
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in '001 Transparent', €5.99/£3.99.
Make Up Gallery Blush in 'Soft Blush 1', €1.49/£1.
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 'Starry Eyed', €5.50/£4.99.
Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in 'Light Glow', €13.99/£9.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment